Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Aunt Josies Dishes...

Well ladies here in another treasure . These pieces belonged to my great aunt Josie.. A wonderful lady. They must be at least 70ish. years old. I received them our 40 yrs. ago. I do not know anything about them really only that I really do use them. The pitcher in the back ground has cornflowers on it and that top, that I have to watch VERY carefully .!! The tea cloth they are resting on is one I (yes me) made when I was in grade 8or9. My gosh I can see now I never throw too much out. ouch!!   I realise this in not quilting related..BUT.. I have noticed that we quilters LOVE our china bits. For me just looking at these pieces make me feel warm with memories , and that is a very good thing. Blessings from me: Dianne.

10 comments:

  1. Your china is gorgeous Dianne. A great treasure to have. I think they are called pink depression glassware. I was looking on eBay about green depression glassware & came across pink depression glassware like what you have. Have a great day, Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne, the tea set is so pretty... I have never seen that pink colour.... I agree - us quilters seem to mix fabric and china...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Dianne , I love the delicate pink shade isn't it gorgeous and your display is lovely . hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful things you share with us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dianne

    I love your pink dishes. I have Part of a set from my Grandmother of the Johnson Bros. Pink castle series that would mix well with your dishes. What a great idea. I think I will look for some pink depression ware to go with it. Have a great day.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne, those dishes are gorgeous! Are they "Depression Glass"? Such a beautiful color. I, too, love old dishes and have way more sets than one person can ever use. But I just can't resist buying them. Guess I could have worse habits, eh? :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo pretty....love them...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love depression glass. I have some green pieces that belonged to my grandmother.
    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing of some of the articles we read this one article is very interesting for us, i like it alat bantu sexualitas and very helpful to me

    ReplyDelete